Thursday, December 14, 2017

Sorry About The Mess, It's The Maids Day Off


As I continue to base painted figures, I made my way to the really neat set of Victorian servants from West Wind Studios excellent Empire of the Dead line.


I'd had my eye on these for a while, as I thought they could fit perfectly into a 18th or 19th century skirmish scenario with my 4Ground manor complex. I think I found my Frau Blucher figure to go with my Young Frankenstein duo :) "Stay close to the candles, the staircase can be treacherous"


The two maids, ready for clean up.


The cook and the coachman.


The butler and the footman - which I had to look up exactly what a 'footman' was, a servant who serves at table, tends the door, and runs errands. 


I also went back and re-based one of my old pulp baddies just to see how much of a pain it would be to switch them all to clear bases. It was quite easy actually, just some touch up brushwork around the feet - so I guess 2018 will be the year of the big re-basing project :)

Almost finished with a 4Ground terrain piece I've been working on, so hopefully I can get that up before the new year.

Until next time, thanks for looking!
Ivor


12 comments:

  1. Lovely set of models Ivor, can't wait for your take on Young Frankenstein, one small thing I noticed & knowing what you do in the real would I was surprised tbh I'll try it for you Blucher cue horses Whinny, there that sound better :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I got my very first smart phone I downloaded a Young Frankenstein soundboard :) The Blucher and horse whinny was one of my favorite buttons!
      Plus it's always fun to just yell out "Blucher" when I'm in the barn :)

      Delete
  2. Cracking post, Ivor, with plenty to please the eye. I do like clear bases, but am far too committed to the way I've done them for years to want to change now.

    "2018 will be the year of the big re-basing project" - Good luck with this, and I'll certainly enjoy seeing how you get on with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks my friend! I completely understand with the clear bases, I think if I had more of my pulp figures traditionally based I wouldn't even attempt it, but luckily it won't be too bad for me :)

      Delete
  3. lol ... my first thought is you've gone off the deep end and are about to pulp out a Downton Abbey game ... hahahaha! Awesome stuff Mr. Ivor! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! That would definitely be going completely off the deep end, there would be no coming back from that leap!

      Delete
  4. These are great. I really liked the EotD mini line. Its just a shame the rules weren't written and tested as well as the sculpting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much appreciated Simon! I couldn't agree more, the EotD line is absolutely fantastic and the rules are no where close to the quality of the figures.

      Delete
  5. Hi Ivor!
    Great looking figures and clear bases are, of course, great.
    I rebased all my Old West figures with clear bases and don't regret it a bit. Eyeing the others, but it feels like a rather big job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joakim! Couldn't be happier with the clear bases and the rebasing that I've done so far. I definitely hear you on being apprehensive about rebasing other ranges, even as good as the end result is - ironically for me that would be the Old West, probably over a 100 figures :)

      Delete